LAHF offers two options for membership: paid and unpaid.
A 12-month paid membership costs a mere $10 per family. Membership dues are to be paid at the start of the school year in August, or at the time of joining if you join later in the school year. Membership dues are used to cover venue rental fees ($35 per each gym day or indoor party, $70 per each outdoor party), supplies for activities at those events (art supplies, plates and utensils, game prizes, sports equipment, etc..), and fees associated with service projects (for instance, shipping to mail denim to Sole Hope to make shoes for children in Uganda cost $30; another example, the care kits for the homeless that we assemble are valued between $10-15 each and we passed out 47 of them last winter). We also have a scholarship fund to help local families in need of financial assistance to cover their membership and field trip fees. Group leaders are volunteers and do not receive any compensation for the time they donate to the group.
Paid membership will get you:
– A monthly newsletter outlining all the major local events and resources to homeschoolers in the Lansing area.
– Access to both our open LAHF Facebook group and our LAHF Paid Members Only Facebook group where group leaders post event pages for field trips, service projects, gym days, etc.. and members can arrange their own personal homeschool events, sell/buy used curriculum, exchange tips and ideas related to homeschooling, etc.
– Free admission to our start of the school year party, and all holiday parties.
– Free admission to our monthly gym days (all members are invited to gym days, but unpaid members are encouraged to make a donation to help cover cost of the gym rental).
– The ability to sign up for exclusive, paid-member only field trips. We average 1-3 field trips a month, many of which are free (although a few require a small cover cost).
– Plus everything that the unpaid membership comes with (listed below).
To become a paid member, fill out the form (here).
No printing, no scanning, no emailing, no searching for a working pen required. Just a few clicks and you’re done!
Unpaid membership will get you:
– Access to our open LAHF Facebook group where members can arrange their own personal homeschool events, sell/buy used curriculum, exchange tips and ideas related to homeschooling, etc.
-Admission to gym days, with encouragement to donate a dollar or two to help pay for the gym rental fee
– The ability to participate in our various community service projects.
– The ability to sign up for some field trips, admittedly a far lesser number than the paid members attend.
To become an unpaid member, click here and request to join the Facebook group.